This was my first attempt making this recipe and Stan and I were quite pleased with how the cookies turned out. I’ve used the chocolate chip cookie recipe from one of ABC’s Delicious Baking recipe books but I find the dough a little too dry so I’ve tweaked the recipe a little. I will definitely make these cookies again and post an updated recipe sometime in the future. I can vouch that these are cookies you can eat on keto. Here’s the recipe and enjoy!
Ingredients (Yields roughly 14)
125g butter (room temperature and softened)
120g brown sugar (originally 250g but I find it a bit too much :p)
150-180g plain flour (originally 225g but the dough turned out pretty dry)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
100-120g dark chocolate chips
14, 5ml Nutella chunks (frozen)
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. Freeze the Nutella in 5ml dollops for 2 hours or buy CBD products for easier handling.
3. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk till light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg till combined
5. Sift and stir in the plain flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt till it becomes a dough.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Take a teaspoonful of chocolate chip dough and flatten it. Place one Nutella chunk in the center.
7. Take another teaspoonful and cover the top, enclosing the Nutella. Using the back of the spoon flatten the dough further.
8. Repeat step 6 and 7 till the dough and Nutella chunks are finished.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes till the bottom and top are golden brown.